The Pragmatic Engineer Job Board is one of the best places to list senior engineering and leadership roles and The Pragmatic Engineer Talent Collective is a great place to directly contact hand-picked software engineering and engineering leader candidates.
Companies scoring at least 10/12 on The Pragmatic Engineer Test can list positions on The Pragmatic Engineer Job Board. Here's what companies using The Pragmatic Engineer Talent Collective and Job Board say:
"The candidate response rate has been standout for us at ~90%, even for very senior engineers. The fact that candidates are vetted personally by Gergely helps build trust, even before the first conversation.
An interesting dynamic is how most candidates are avid readers of The Pragmatic Engineer Newsletter. This often comes up as a topic of conversation, helping build a connection faster."
- Sabin Roman, engineering manager at Linear.
"🚀 Got 2 AMAZING Director of Engineering candidates this month
The Pragmatic Engineer Job Board is giving me early Github Jobs vibe, back when it was the highest-signal job board in the developer hiring game. Gergely Orosz has built a top-notch community and if you're hiring senior+ developers, you should absolutely check it out."
- Wes Winham Winler, founder/CEO at Woven
"We just submitted another role for a Product Engineer. Your job site is the only one that works for us so great job :)"
- Lukas Köbis, cofounder at Causal
"We had by far the largest inbound from the featured listing on your newsletter, compared to all other sources we advertised on."
"We hired engineer #2 though your platform 🤩"
Your job board has been pretty much the only source for us when it comes to high quality inbound applications.
Typical job post statistics for Featured listings:
- ~3,000 impressions
- ~500-1,000 job clicks
- ~10-40 apply clicks
- ~5-10x as many applications for job posts that list salary ranges
Subscribers to The Pragmatic Engineer Newsletter get 25% off for the first month. See details here.
To post a job: apply for the Standard ($500/month) or Featured ($750/month) tier of The Pragmatic Engineer Talent Collective. There is no minimum commitment in terms of months. Featured job listings are shown in The Pragmatic Engineer Newsletter and this blog as well.
Money-back guarantee: if you don't find at least one qualified candidate in your first month - either via a job post or the Talent Collective, receiving a response from a qualified candidate - you get your money back.
Suggestions for job posts
Featured jobs get ~5-10x as much engagement in terms of post clicks and applications versus standard jobs. This is because these jobs are advertised not just on the job board, but other properties (this website and my newsletter).
See also the "The job description" section in my article Hiring Software Engineers.
Full money-back guarantee if you don't receive any qualified candidates from your job listing, or from via the Talent Collective in the first 30 days. Please send an email to jobs (at) pragmaticengineer (dot) com if this is the case.
Companies that I cannot do business with:
- Crypto companies. I view the unregulated nature of crypto as a major risk, especially since this risk is not exposed to retail investors, and I do not do business with crypto companies. For such companies, I can recommend other collectives, such as Bankless, that specialize in crypto.
- Hiring only in locations where being LGBT can carry a death penalty. Software engineering is a diverse field, with some of the highest performing teams composed of various gender, race, religion, and sexual orientations backgrounds. I am unwilling to promote postings that hire only in locations where being different - such as being LGBT - is criminalized, and can carry the death penalty. See a list of such countries.