A clean template I created while writing The Tech Resume Inside Out. This template is a good choice to use for developers applying for tech positions. This CV / resume template is featured - and analyzed - in my book, The Tech Resume Inside Out: What a Good Software Engineer Resume Looks Like.
This template is a proven one with more than 6,500 downloads. People messaged me to share they got recruiter calls at Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Robinhood, Stripe, Uber and other companies using this template. Of course, the template is a small part in this: the contents of your resume are more important.
Download the resume template in two formats:
- Google Doc: Pragmatic Engineer's Resume Template - make your copy and edit.
- Word: Pragmatic Engineer's Resume Template.docx
- Don't forget to replace with your own email address and data! Some people have forgotten this step and I end up getting interview invitations.
Here's how this template looks like:
The template ported to Standard Resume
I have partnered with Standard Resume and ported an improved version of this template to Standard Resume Pro - one of the very few resume builders that I actually recommend, as it gives added value with a web-based resume, URL tracking, and templates optimized for hiring managers. Here's how the "ported" version of this template looks like on Standard Resume:
To use this template, head over to Standard Resume here and choose the "Parker" template.
Featured Pragmatic Engineer Jobs
- TicketSwap: Engineering Manager (Amsterdam)
- Linear: Senior Full-Stack Engineer (Remote, EU/US timezones)
- Fonoa: Senior Backend Engineer (Remote, EU timezones)
- FindHotel: Engineering Lead (Amsterdam)