What is a blurb?
A blurb is a recommendation, coming from you. It's a few sentences saying something positive about the book, and offering a reason why people should read it.
The best blurbs are typically one of these categories:
- Talks about something specific in the book: they mention something specific that you found good about the book (e.g. "The Automated Testing section has transformed how I approach thinking about snapshot tests...")
- Compares to something else good (e.g. "I'll be putting this book next to Designing Data Intensive Application on my bookshelf...")
- Shares something personal, like a story (e.g. "I've been struggling to articulate to non-mobile engineers just how complex mobile applications can be...")
How will your blurb be used?
Your blurb might be used in a few places:
- The landing page for Building Mobile Apps at Scale and the related Gumroad sales page
- The Amazon page (once it will be live)
- The back of the paperback cover
- On social media, when I'll tweet about the book
Submitting your blurb
Please fill out this form by Mon, 29 March. Alternatively, you can email the blurb to me as well.