What is a blurb?
A blurb is a recommendation, coming from you. It's a few sentences saying something positive about the book, and offering a reason why people should read it.
The best blurbs are typically one of these categories:
- Talks about something specific in the book: they mention something specific that you found good about the book (e.g. "The Automated Testing section has transformed how I approach thinking about snapshot tests...")
- Compares to something else good (e.g. "I'll be putting this book next to Designing Data Intensive Application on my bookshelf...")
- Shares something personal, like a story (e.g. "I've been struggling to articulate to non-mobile engineers just how complex mobile applications can be...")
How will your blurb be used?
Your blurb might be used in a few places:
- The landing page for Building Mobile Apps at Scale and the related Gumroad sales page
- The Amazon page (once it will be live)
- The back of the paperback cover
- On social media, when I'll tweet about the book
Submitting your blurb
Please fill out this form by Mon, 29 March. Alternatively, you can email the blurb to me as well.
Featured Pragmatic Engineer Jobs
- TicketSwap: Engineering Manager (Amsterdam)
- Linear: Senior Full-Stack Engineer (Remote, EU/US timezones)
- Fonoa: Senior Backend Engineer (Remote, EU timezones)
- FindHotel: Engineering Lead (Amsterdam)