I do not offer any form of sponsorships, partnerships, or collaborations in exchange for any form of payment or any financial benefit. This is because I want to stay fully independent as a newsletter and blog and be unbiased in any recommendations I make. See also my ethics statement.
The Pragmatic Engineer Newsletter is the #1 technology newsletter on Substack. This independent viewpoint, together with the no third party advertisements, no sponsorships, and no hidden advertisements, helps build trust with readers. This independence is more valuable for me than any sponsorship might be. The only advertisement on my website and free newsletter is the list of featured job posts from The Pragmatic Engineer Job Board and Talent Collective.
A the same time, I can recommend sites and newsletters to reach software engineers which do offer paid sponsorships:
- ByteByteGo newsletter. Currently #2 technology newsletter on Substack with 90K+ subscribers. Written by Alex Xu, author of The Systems Design Interview. Of all the below newsletters, the audience overlaps likely the most with The Pragmatic Engineer and is a deeply technical one.
- TLDR newsletter. The largest daily newsletter for tech professionals, read by 200K+ professionals.
- Software Lead Weekly. The largest curated weekly newsletter for software engineering leads with ~30K engineering leaders. Message Oren for sponsorship inquiries.
- Level Up Engineering. A newsletter for CTOs and engineering leaders. Message Pat for sponsorship.
- The Pointer. A curated newsletter targeting software engineers and engineering leaders. One of my favorite newsletters and I highly recommend sponsorships.
- Programming Digest and Tech Lead Digest weekly newsletters for software engineers for engineering leaders. I advertised in both newsletters and was happy with the results.
- Big Technology. A weekly newsletter with ~15K subscribers that startups and established companies advertise in to reach the tech world's top decision-makers. Message Alex (https://wa.me/15166958680) for details.
- iOS Dev Weekly. The largest and highest quality newsletter for iOS engineers. I advertised here and was happy with the results.
- Android Weekly. The most-read newsletter for Android engineers.
- Code with Andrea. One of the most popular Flutter developer blogs. I advertised here and was happy with the results.
- SwiftLee. A widely-read iOS publication. I advertised here and was happy with the results.
- Swift by Sundell. A widely-read iOS publication. I advertised here and was happy with the results.
- Reflectoring. A widely-read blog focusing on Java.